Looney Bin
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» My Story is Sprouting a Twin
Knight Stalker (PG-13) by Calixus EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 10:43 pm by Greenify13

» The Progress of Sneaks
Knight Stalker (PG-13) by Calixus EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 11:24 am by Sneaks

» The Mini-Works
Knight Stalker (PG-13) by Calixus EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 11:19 am by Sneaks

» Jokes Jokes Jokes,
Knight Stalker (PG-13) by Calixus EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 7:41 pm by Rachel

» Hi! It's Hettie....
Knight Stalker (PG-13) by Calixus EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 11:56 pm by Greenify13

» The Fantasy/Sci.Fi. Women
Knight Stalker (PG-13) by Calixus EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 9:34 am by Greenify13

» Hey Everyone. The Name's Darcy.
Knight Stalker (PG-13) by Calixus EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 11:48 pm by Greenify13

» Normal Poems...
Knight Stalker (PG-13) by Calixus EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 11:28 am by Greenify13

» June 16-22 Pick 1, tv/movie
Knight Stalker (PG-13) by Calixus EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 3:10 pm by Pilot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Knight Stalker (PG-13) by Calixus

+2
Pilot
Calixus
6 posters

Go down

Knight Stalker (PG-13) by Calixus Empty Knight Stalker (PG-13) by Calixus

Post  Calixus Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:05 pm

Knight Stalker

Chapter 1

I sighed as I dropped into the worn recliner, flipping up the foot rest and stretching out my aching legs. I had just completed my first lone investigation of a missing Vamp teen but all that had been found was his backpack. And no one had any idea where the kid was. Popping the top off a bottle of Heinie, I half heartedly flipped it in the general direction of the nearest overflowing trash can and took a long pull. It had been a hellish three days with no sleep and my body ached in places I didn't know existed. As a member of the elite investigators of the Black Ops Unit in NYC, it was usually cool, but right now it sucked big time. This kid was the eighth in as many weeks and nothing came of the searches. There were rumors galore, but not one sliver of solid evidence of what snatched the kids. So far it was just Vamps, but I had a bad feeling it might get worse. Whoever or whatever was doing this, might get a taste for Weres or Mortals, too, then the heat would be turned to full boil when the general public was alerted. I took another long pull of beer, swallowed then laid my head back, and allowed my eyes to drift shut.

The cacophony of Awakening blared from my cell phone and nearly caused me to leap out of my chair. Snatching the annoying instrument of torture up, I flipped it open and sighed in relief when the music was blessedly silenced. “Yo.”

“Cali, we got the call again.” Even the digitalization of the wireless dimension could not remove the exhaustion in my teammate’s voice. Greeny seldom succumbed to the grind of her work but I thought she might be more depressed at her failure in finding the children than true physical weariness. “There has been another one.”

“Damn. Ok, I'll meet you at the base. I didn’t even get a shower yet.”

“Me either. See ya in a bit.” The dead silence was the only clue she'd hung up. Snapping my phone closed, I pushed the footrest down then jumped to my feet, stretching my still tired body. The clock over the TV said it had only been 20 minutes since I had closed my eyes, but that was enough to keep me running for a bit - that and a half dozen of my favorite energy drinks. Hurrying into the bathroom, I did a quick once over from the sink, donned a clean set of leathers and pulled my hair back into a braid. Staring at my reflection I shook my head in dismay. My naturally red hair was dark with lack of washing, my hazel eyes surrounded by dark circles from lack of sleep. The hollows of my cheeks were pronounced from stress and lack of food, and even my tight leather vest and pants were starting to loosen. I had taken to wearing Vamp enforcer clothes, when I joined them for a joint effort a few years back. The vest was made of two layers of buttery soft black leather with a vest of titanium chainmail sandwiched between. The front rose from the top of hip to mid neck and was surprisingly comfortable whether moving or fighting. I disdained the long sleeved silk shirt the Vamps wore, preferring my arms bare. My leather pants were form fitting and made from the same leather as the vest. They were designed to move with a Vamp using preternatural speed so were extremely flexible. The matching boots were thinly soled without a heel and rose to mid thigh. All in all it was a very user friendly set of clothes. I slipped my weapons into all their various hiding spots then shrugged on my shoulder holsters. I owned a set of custom fitted Glock 9mms, the guns made of deeply blued metal and nearly invisible even in light shadows. They were a gift from the Vamp Justice, after I saved one of her mates from a sniper shot. The guns were sheer art and as graceful in function as form. Satisfied, I swung the long leather coat on then headed for the door.
Being half Witch, half Were has its advantages; like being able to handle the wicked bike given me by the Vamp Roi, or king, as a reward for the same incident.. It was a special nitrous mix engine Ninja and could reach speeds of up to 300 mph. But to ride it you needed the super fast reflexes of the Undead and I had them. Pulling on my helmet, I straddled the seat and it started on the first kick. Tucking the end of my coat under my legs safely out of harm’s way, I sent the bike racing through late night traffic. Our base was out by the National Guard Air Strip at the TAC command hanger and I screeched to a stop in front of the building. Pulling my helmet off, I grinned when Greeny rolled her eyes at me in mock disbelief.

“Hey, I like to play on the bike.” I told her because of her expression. She shook her head and stepped back inside the hanger. Tucking my helmet under my arm, I followed her inside and nodded in approval as I noticed the rest of our team already present and ready for action.

Greeny was our smallest member, standing just 5’2”, but her size was an advantage. Though mortal, she was silent as a Vamp on a hunt and highly trained. More than one bad guy met his end after underestimating her strength or skills. She was tough as nails and one of the few able to keep up with the undead members of our team.

Sneaks waved her hand at me in welcome and I nodded in reply. She looked every inch the Vamp, her leathers the match of mine, having decided to join the Ops group after retiring from the Enforcers. Her radiant jet hair gleamed with blue highlights and her stunning face was deceptively tranquil. Inside hid a killer, a hunter extraordinaire. She had little patience for Mortals, present company excluded, and saw them as tasty morsels more often than people. But she was proficient at all forms of combat and weapons and with her Vamp abilities was indispensible to the team. The deep blue glow of power in her eyes was nearly indistinguishable in the bright fluorescent lighting of the hanger.

The final member of the team and our token male, was CrownedSun - Sun for short. He looked like a sun god come to life. His hair was golden blonde, shining like spun sunlight in the lights, his light brown eyes full of intelligence and currently laughing at me. His face bordered on being pretty, but the strength of it belied any feminine traces. His tall body was heavily muscled and he was all Alpha male Were-pard. He could slice and dice with the best of the Feline Were species, and was considered one of the most powerful of them. He currently had status with the Donneur de Mort pack, but stayed mostly in his posh apartment in NYC. His body was covered in night fatigues of grays and blacks, the sleeves ripped off the shirt; a ball cap lay on the table in front of him. At his feet, was a long sniper case. It held his baby, a Remington 700 .308 caliber sniper rifle, complete with laser and night vision scopes; he could shave the hair off a gnat’s ass with a bullet and leave the gnat intact.

“Well fill me in, what happened and how long ago?” I said, plopping in my usual chair at the head of the table.

Greeny slid me a file and I opened it. A picture of a lovely teen, all of sixteen, had just been reported missing a few hours ago by her parents. Lifting an eyebrow at Greeny, I smirked. “How did we get this before the locals?”

Sneaks chuckled wickedly. “The Roi is tired of all the games the local enforcers are playing. House politics are getting in the way and he has decided our team will get first notice from now on. If we hurry, your nose might even give us the hint we need to get started hunting.”

I nodded and rose, snatching a set of keys from their hook and headed for the specially designed hummer that stood alone in the hanger. It was heavily armored, able to stop even an RPG and could top out around 120 mph if needed. She could handle almost any situation and was a tactical battle ship on wheels. Inside were computers with direct satellite feeds to all the armed Mortal and Undead forces, and eye in the sky links. It had all the latest and greatest in way of plotting strategy and a portable .50 caliber gun that could fire armor piercing rounds. It was an amazing piece of equipment and made our jobs much easier.

When everyone was loaded I started the engine and we headed for the last known area of sighting of the missing child. Traffic slowed us as usual, but in time we made the less crowded residential areas of Manhattan. Greeny pointed to an alley and I turned into it. After parking our mini-tank we piled out. A lone Vamp stood in the alley and waved us to him. I took point with the others following at a distance until I made sure there were no traps. When he stepped into the scant moonlight I relaxed and nodded in greeting. His name was Vance and he was one of the Roi’s enforcers.

“Welcome to my personal hell, Cali.” He said with a small smile but his eyes burned with frustration and fury. The ends of lengthened fangs peeked from his lips and I frowned in concern.

“This is the last sighting of the child? This alley?” I asked letting my gaze flow slowly around, taking in all the details and locking them in my mind.

“According to her parents, she sometimes cut through this alley on the way to school. The parents found her purse and book bag here. I’ve searched it for hours trying to find a clue to who is doing this or how they can steal these kids in broad daylight with none the wiser. It’s as if they simply vanish into thin air.” He ran his hand through his hair. “I hope you can find something. I’m ready to start ripping into people from sheer frustration.”

“Did you bring me anything for a scent?” I asked, and then smiled when he tossed me a large sealed plastic bag. I slid the tab down and pulled out a light pink tee shirt. The flowery scent of expensive perfume was the first thing to hit my sensitive nose and I wrinkled it in distaste, then put the shirt to my face and inhaled deeply. Buried under the heavy cover of roses and spice was the muskier one of a young female Vamp. When I had it locked into memory, I tossed it to Sun and he sorted the scent for himself. I brought up my wolfy power and started to zigzag down the alley searching for the child’s scent. It was faint, nearly non-existent, but I finally caught it. Nodding to Sun, I began to jog, following the trail and keeping all my Were senses searching for traps or clues. The others fell in behind me, staying far enough back not to interfere with my hunt. We ran for several blocks and worry filled me when I stopped, kneeling by a small puddle of blood. Touching it with my finger tip, I lifted it to my nose and sniffed. Satisfied it was from the child, I smelled the fear and sweat that suffused the scent now. Rising to my feet I raced down the street, leaving my team behind, and rounded the corner only to slide to a stop when the scent disappeared. Not faded, simply vanished as if it never existed. It was a busy intersection and my logic kicked in telling me that the child had been loaded into a vehicle and whisked away.

“Crap!” Sneaks snarled when she slid to a stop beside me. She knew by the look on my face I had lost the trail. “Now what?”

“I honestly don’t know.” I muttered, searching around then gave her a predatory smile. Pointing at the camera on a nearby pole, I chuckled. “Our luck may have finally changed. Let’s go visit the locals and see what they got on film.”
Calixus
Calixus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Knight Stalker (PG-13) by Calixus Empty Re: Knight Stalker (PG-13) by Calixus

Post  Pilot Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:03 am

I like it, Cali. When do we get to see more?
Pilot
Pilot
Greenhorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sneaks Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:47 am

I wish we had the popcorn smiley here cause I'd have like 4 of them in this post. Very Happy
I like this story a lot Cali, keep it up. Very Happy
Sneaks
Sneaks
Admin

http://sneaks-myfantasylife.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenify13 Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:58 pm

I'm a mortal? That's okay I like it! It makes me think of something I am trying to work on at home, but I'm not sure why... It isn't about vamps, (you know the story I run in the TPLPT of AW? That was a trial run for a novel I am writing...and I will one day explain the twist that no one knows...Very Happy) I really like it Cali, it also makes me think of a novel I had been reading at home as well. (why is everything at home?) Please bring us more of this!!!
Greenify13
Greenify13
Admin

https://looneybin.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Calixus Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:29 pm

Thanks Guys! I am working on the second chapter. Maybe ready by the weekend, but I dunno....
Calixus
Calixus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CrownedSun Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:51 pm

Ooo, yay, I'm a Were! A Were-Panther, apparently? Cool Very Happy
CrownedSun
CrownedSun
Greenhorn

Back to top Go down

Knight Stalker (PG-13) by Calixus Empty ooh la la!

Post  Tia Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:25 am

I like it Cali! I want to be a character!!

It was interesting and kept my attention the whole time, I want to read more Very Happy
Tia
Tia
Greenhorn

Back to top Go down

Knight Stalker (PG-13) by Calixus Empty Chapter 2

Post  Calixus Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:56 pm

Chapter 2

The wind roared through the dense trees, sending the leaves to shivering in protest as the storm gathered strength. The air was heavy with sea scent and rain was threatening to fall at any moment. Wicked legs of lightening stalked the roiling sea and a lone figure huddled in the hollow, near the small fire burning cheerfully, unconcerned that its doom was lurking overhead. Reaching a hand up, the man pushed his hood back from his face and stared up at the sky, his face outlined by the fire light. His hair was dark, falling around his face in curls escaping the long braid he had tried to hold the unruly mass at bay with. His face was finely boned but in no way soft. He was handsome the way angels were, with an inner strength that shone through brightly. His deep green eyes glittered with intelligence and power. His body was tall and lean, but the muscles were well defined and his movements uncommonly graceful. Reaching over he laid another stick on his fire, shaking his head in disgust.

“Go to the Mortal’s world and find Merlin, she says.” He muttered to himself, shivering as the rain began to fall and pulled the hood back up. Wrapping the cape tighter around his body, he rested his chin on his knees. “He will be simple to find, just search for his power, she says. What the hell was I thinking?”

The wind ripped through the trees once more and the sound of a deafening crash was preceded by a blinding stab of light just outside the tree line, setting the ground to trembling. The man jerked in shock then panted as he tried to calm his racing heart. When he had it once more in control, he glanced upward. “Do you think you could stop this infernal storm until I can find some proper shelter, Goddess?”
As if in answer to his question, the sky opened up and unleashed the full fury of the storm, drenching him to the bone in an instant and drowning his fire. “And they said you didn’t have a sense of humor goddess.”

Pulling an oil hide from his pack, he wrapped up in it and settled back against a tree, knowing sleep would be a long time coming. His head fell forward and he jerked it up, startled to find he had dozed off. The rain had slackened to a mild drizzle and he was about to get up to stretch the kinks out when he heard a snuffling sound. Not recognizing it, He huddled deeper into his cover then held his breath when a large wolf emerged into the clearing. It was huge standing nearly five feet at the shoulder and seemed to move with uncanny intelligence as it investigated the fire. The creature shimmered with a white light and then flowed into the form of a man, strong and naked. He lifted his head towards the sky and an eerie howl flowed from his throat, the echoes chasing each other through the trees. A few moments later a distant call returned on the wind and was followed by the screaming roars of several big cats scattered in different directions. The stranger flowed back into wolf form and raced through the trees, quickly becoming just one more shadow among them.
Shivering in reaction, the man rose and picked up his sword, wrapping the belt around his waist and was in the process of buckling it when another intruder stumbled into the clearing. The blade was drawn and held not a hairs breadth from the intruder’s nose in the blink of an eye and a female gasp held him in check.

“Who are you?” he demanded coldly, his eyes beginning to glow as he gathered his power, readying himself for battle.

“I-I’m sorry. My name is Tia and I am running from the Weres.” She replied breathlessly, unable to take her eyes from the point of the sword held motionless in front of her. “And if you are wise you will go with me. The Bàs Starrfhiacail pride is hunting and there are strange wolves in the woods. If you stay here, they will rip you to pieces before one of them thinks to ask who or what you are.”

“What is a pride?” he asked, still suspicious but slowly lowered his blade. “And what was that creature that was just here?”

“Do you know what a Were is?” Tia asked, her eyes narrowing in disbelief.

“No.”

“We are the immortal species that can transform from human form to that of an animal, the usual being Wolf, Feline, and Ursine. The feline forms call their packs Prides instead. These woods are part of the Bàs Starrfhiacail’s territory and they guard them viciously.” She paused when there were a series of hunting cat cries. “Ok, it is time to move. I am leaving and you are welcome to join me. Otherwise I will say a little prayer for your soul, because you will not see the sun rise.”

Deciding he could use an ally in this strange world, he nodded and quickly repacked his belongings. When he was ready, Tia began to move rapidly though the forest, the man following behind, his feet soundless in the deep layer of leaves and branches. Reaching out, he caught her arm and she stopped, giving him a questioning look. He pointed to the lower branches of the tree they were standing under and she nodded, understanding his silent order. Kneeling, the man gave her a nod, holding his clasped hands out and she stepped into them then gasped when he immediately launched her into the air. Snapping her arms out, she caught the large branch and pulled herself up, then nearly fell off again when she found the stranger on the one above her head.

“How did you do that?” she whispered then scowled when he held his finger against his lips.

Together they moved from tree to tree along a highway of branches that he seemed to navigate with practiced ease. When they found a large branching of limbs on an ancient oak, he settled into it placing his body between her and the elements. Tia nodded in understanding when he again held his finger to his lips then together they watched as a pair of large panthers, one black the other gold, glided silently beneath their tree. When they had vanished, the man sighed in relief and Tia smiled back. “Safe now?”

“For the moment.” He replied in a soft whisper. “I take it those were the Were you were speaking about?”

“Two of the Panthers, yes.” She wiped the moisture off her face then twisted her long braid, trying to wring the rain out of it. “What is your name?”
The man gave her a surprised look then glanced away in embarrassment. “I’m sorry Lady. My name is Brad.”

“Brad; it’s a nice name that seems to fit you. So what are you doing here Brad?”

“I am searching for a man.”

“This man have a name?”

“Merlin Emerys.” Brad looked at her, his eyes softly glowing in the dark. “He is needed to save my home.”

She had paled at his words then leaned closer to see his face. “How did you know that he was here?”

“His sister, my queen, sent me here. She had known it already.” Brad turned away again, then sighed in irritation when the rain picked up again. “Blasted mortal plane. Does it ever stop raining?”

“Mortal plane? What are you?” she demanded, her eyes boring into his profile then gasped when he pulled the hair from his ear and she saw the pointed end. “Elf.”

“Fae.” He corrected. “Elves are not real, they are based on the legends left here of the Fae.”

“Fae, Elf, they are one and the same here. Only a legend.” She said, pulling her coat tighter around her and shivering from the unseasonable cold. “Neither lives in this plane. What do you need with Merlin?”

Brad stared blindly into the trees as he debated with himself then finally sighed in resignation. “I am from a plane called Avalon. Merlin’s sister is the queen and she has sent me here to fetch him. Our existence is threatened by evil and every moment I delay places those I care most about in ever growing danger. Merlin is our last hope to defeat it.”

“What sort of evil?”

“I do not know Lady. But with each day darkness has grown over the hearts of each person, and there are those that are not strong enough to withstand its whispers of evil. Already several of the weaker have fallen to it, at first just causing mischief. Now they have gathered in growing numbers and our enemies have joined them. We, the Fae, are the guardians of Avalon, but we no longer bear children and over the long years of our watch, our numbers have dwindled. Now we find our hundreds facing an army of thousands. Without Lord Merlin’s power and skill, my world is doomed along with all those that call it home.” His voice reflected his bitterness as he thought of those that had been lost. A small hand touched his arm, bringing him back to the present. “I’m sorry, Lady. I must find Merlin as quickly as possible. Time flows differently here than in my home.”

“I may be able to help, but it will have to wait until after this storm passes.” Tia replied. “I can’t get a clear signal from my cell.”

“Cell? You live in a dungeon?”

Tia laughed softly at his puzzled face, then shook her head. “No, my cell phone.”

“I’m sorry Lady, I do not understand.”

“It is a device to speak with others who have similar devices but it depends on use of certain frequency of radio waves and the weather is interfering with the signal.” She smiled when he simply gave her a blank stare, clearly still not understanding. “Never mind. It will be simpler to show you. As soon as the clouds clear more, I should be able to use it.”

“I will take your word for it, Lady Tia.” He replied, then gave her a small smile. “I suggest we rest here then. It appears these Were cannot smell us up here and by now the rain has erased our scent. Sleep milady and I will keep watch.”

“The name is Tia, not Lady.” She muttered then rested her head back against the tree trunk, shivering once more. The sound of rustling made her open her eyes and she stared up at him in surprise when he gently tucked his oil skin around her. “Brad?”

“Sleep. This will keep you warm and at least no wetter.” He smiled at her stunned face then turned to watch the night.
Calixus
Calixus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calixus Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:57 pm

Hope you like your part Tia....
Calixus
Calixus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenify13 Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:10 am

Very nice story Cali! If I didn't know the characters I would think that this is truly a novel in work...hmm maybe it should be. Smile Either way, please keep writing what would I do without reading your stuff?
Greenify13
Greenify13
Admin

https://looneybin.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum