Looney Bin
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» My Story is Sprouting a Twin
Swine Flu 2009 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 10:43 pm by Greenify13

» The Progress of Sneaks
Swine Flu 2009 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 11:24 am by Sneaks

» The Mini-Works
Swine Flu 2009 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 11:19 am by Sneaks

» Jokes Jokes Jokes,
Swine Flu 2009 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 7:41 pm by Rachel

» Hi! It's Hettie....
Swine Flu 2009 EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 11:56 pm by Greenify13

» The Fantasy/Sci.Fi. Women
Swine Flu 2009 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 9:34 am by Greenify13

» Hey Everyone. The Name's Darcy.
Swine Flu 2009 EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 11:48 pm by Greenify13

» Normal Poems...
Swine Flu 2009 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 11:28 am by Greenify13

» June 16-22 Pick 1, tv/movie
Swine Flu 2009 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 3:10 pm by Pilot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Swine Flu 2009

2 posters

Go down

Swine Flu 2009 Empty Swine Flu 2009

Post  Greenify13 Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:41 am

Is it wrong that I feel absolutely worried about the swine flu? I mean I have issues with germs and such sometimes so I hate door handles of any sort, I stay at home most times and such...However, this is different. We are talking about a pandemic. Every article and anything relevant to this ongoing event I will be posting here. Anything information-wise that I find, you can find here. If there are any questions about this or anything pertaining to this please ask. As "they" say the only stupid question is the one you don't ask, and I can't help but think that is even more true in circumstances such as these...

Officials Race to Contain Swine Flu

Mexico Swine Flu Epidemic Worries World

Wikipedia: 2009 swine flu outbreak

CBC news: Swine Flu FAQ
Greenify13
Greenify13
Admin

https://looneybin.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Swine Flu 2009 Empty Re: Swine Flu 2009

Post  Greenify13 Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:43 pm

Greenify13
Greenify13
Admin

Back to top Go down

Swine Flu 2009 Empty Swine Flu

Post  Pilot Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:17 pm

I put this up in the pub, but thought I'd place it here, also.
____
With all the sensationalized news about the so-called swine flu flying around, I figured we'd better set all the facts straight.

So far, only 82 cases of so-called swine flu have been definitively identified worldwide, mostly in Mexico (26 confirmed, 7 deaths) and the U.S.(with 40 confirmed, no deaths). (Though about 1600 suspected cases, including 159 deaths, are reported in Mexico.) That does not add up to a pandemic swine flu outbreak.
This virus has nothing to do with swine. In fact, it hasn't been seen in a single animal. And you can't possibly get it from eating pork.
No existing vaccines can prevent this new flu strain. So no matter what you hear – even if it comes from your doctor – don't get a regular flu shot. They rarely work against seasonal flu…and certainly can't offer protection from a never-before- seen strain.
Speaking of this strain, it doesn't seem to have come on naturally. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), this particular strain has never before been seen in pigs or people. And according to Reuters, the strain is a 'genetic mix' of swine, avian and human flu. Was it created in a lab? We don't know yet.
The drug companies are getting excited…and that's never a good thing. According to the Associated Press at least one financial analyst estimates up to $388 million worth of Tamiflu sales in the near future – and that's without a pandemic outbreak.
Let's not forget that Tamiflu comes with its own problems, including side effects like nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headache, dizziness, fatigue, cough…the very symptoms you're trying to avoid. And let's not forget that Japan banned this drug for children back in 2007, after links to suicidal behavior.
Vaccines for this flu strain probably won't have to jump through all those annoying hurdles like clinical trials for safety and effectiveness. That won't, however, stop the government from mandating the vaccine for all of us – a very likely scenario. And if the vaccines are actually harmful…killing people, for example…the vaccine makers will be immune from lawsuits.
Your best defense – your only real defense in any flu season – is a bulletproof immune system.
Pilot
Pilot
Greenhorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenify13 Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:27 pm

I do hope you understand that I was not trying to make anyone panic. Not my intention, I have extreme germ issues from time to time. Until I sort through info and process my thoughts better, then I am better. And I was over this quickly! alien
Greenify13
Greenify13
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pilot Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:56 pm

Greenify13 wrote:I do hope you understand that I was not trying to make anyone panic. Not my intention, I have extreme germ issues from time to time. Until I sort through info and process my thoughts better, then I am better. And I was over this quickly! alien

Of course I understood. Living with my Joyce, I'm used to someone having to work through issues. My thought was the info might help speed the process along. Glad it wasn't needed. Very Happy
Pilot
Pilot
Greenhorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down