Looney Bin
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» My Story is Sprouting a Twin
Sneaks' Short Story EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 10:43 pm by Greenify13

» The Progress of Sneaks
Sneaks' Short Story EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 11:24 am by Sneaks

» The Mini-Works
Sneaks' Short Story EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 11:19 am by Sneaks

» Jokes Jokes Jokes,
Sneaks' Short Story EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 7:41 pm by Rachel

» Hi! It's Hettie....
Sneaks' Short Story EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 11:56 pm by Greenify13

» The Fantasy/Sci.Fi. Women
Sneaks' Short Story EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 9:34 am by Greenify13

» Hey Everyone. The Name's Darcy.
Sneaks' Short Story EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 11:48 pm by Greenify13

» Normal Poems...
Sneaks' Short Story EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 11:28 am by Greenify13

» June 16-22 Pick 1, tv/movie
Sneaks' Short Story EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 3:10 pm by Pilot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Sneaks' Short Story

5 posters

Go down

Sneaks' Short Story Empty Sneaks' Short Story

Post  Sneaks Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:02 pm

I'm going to attempt a short story, at least shorter than the Saga that's currently on it's 17th part. Very Happy

Returning (new title)
As Camilla runs towards her destination her thoughts are frantic and jumbled. She can't believe it's happening already. She runs through a puddle splashing water all over her shoes and pants.

Suddenly she stops dead in her tracks like she's hit a brick wall. Her hands fly up to her head and her eyes squeeze shut. "I'm coming, I'm on my way," she says through clenched teeth.

She sets out again, running faster than she ever has before. She runs inside the building, easily pushing the broken door out of her way. Up three flights of steps she goes before she hears a scream loud enough to hurt her ears.

She hastily mumbles a few words under her breath and her body begins to tingle. When she looks down she sees nothing but the stairs, her whole body is invisible. Quickly but quietly she enters the room at the top of the stairs.

What she sees makes her heart race. She clamps her mouth shut to keep from making a sound.

Right in front of her lays Matthew covered in blood and bruises. Hovering over him, ready to strike again, is one of the ugliest demons she's ever seen in her life. And she has seen many. Horns were protruding from everywhere on his naked body, he was at least seven feet tall, with bright green eyes, and long scraggly hair. His head turns towards hers and she sees his nostrils flare, sniffing the air.

Matthew looks in Camilla's direction and his thoughts radiate to her. "Get me out of here!"

Silently she tells him, "Just a little longer my love."[b]J

Last edited by Sneaks on Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:27 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : edits)
Sneaks
Sneaks
Admin

http://sneaks-myfantasylife.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Sneaks' Short Story Empty Re: Sneaks' Short Story

Post  Greenify13 Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:19 pm

Sneaks wrote:I'm going to attempt a short story, at least shorter than the Saga that's currently on it's 17th part. Very Happy

*Untitled* (will have one eventually)
As Camilla runs towards her destination her thoughts are frantic and jummbled jumbled. She can't believe it's happening already. She runs through a puddle splashing water all over her shoes and pants.

Suddenly she stops dead in her tracks like she's hit a brick wall. Her hands fly up to her head and her eyes squeeze shut. "I'm coming, I'm on my way," she says through clenched teeth.

She sets out again, running faster than she ever has before. Spotting the building she runs inside, easily pushing the broken door out of her way. Up three flights of steps she goes before she hears a scream loud enough to hurt her ears.

She hastily mumbles a few words under her breath and her body begins to tingle. When she looks down she sees nothing but the stairs, her whole body is invisible. Quickly but quietly she enters the room at the top of the stairs.

What she sees makes her heart race. She clamps her mouth shut to keep from making a sound.

Right in front of her lays Matthew covered in blood and bruises. Hovering over him, ready to strike again, is one of the ugliest demons she's ever seen in her life. And she has seen many. Horns were protruding from everywhere on his naked body, he was at least seven feet tall, with bright green eyes, and long scraggely scraggly hair. His head turns towards hers and she sees his nostrils flare, sniffing the air.

Matthew looks in Camilla's direction and his thoughts radiate to her. "Get me out of here!"

Silently she tells him, "Just a little longer my love."
Greenify13
Greenify13
Admin

https://looneybin.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenify13 Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:21 pm

It is very interesting Sneaks, there were 2 mis-spelled words, followed by in blue the correct spelling. Smile And then there was one word, that isin blue which I think should be replaced, it doesn't seem like it flows with the rest of the story. I think it was a very good start Sneaks!!!
Greenify13
Greenify13
Admin

https://looneybin.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Sneaks' Short Story Empty I like it!

Post  Calixus Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:58 pm

Now this is a great beginning to a very good story Sneaks. I like the pace and the effects. Greeny can do all the editor mumbo jumbo. I'm reading for pleasure!

Laughing
Calixus
Calixus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sneaks Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:41 pm

Camilla quickly scans the room looking for other possible escape routes. Her eyes lock on a door off to the right then they shoot back towards Matthew and his attacker. The monster is still looking in her direction and sniffing the air as he grabs Matthew by the shirt and lifts him up.

"Come any closer and he's a goner," the beast growls at her.

She was afraid of this, her Invisibilty Spell didn't work against every demon's senses.

Camilla reversed the spell quickly and when she revealed herself the demon winced and began to move backwards quickly.

He let go of Matthew and turned to run.

She was on him in an instant, grabbing him from behind and twisting him to face her. It was quite a feat, he was very strong. The demon kept pulling away from her until she finally got him by the arms and locked them behind his back. He growled at her and tried to turn his head towards her to bite her face. She leaned back away from his snarling, drooling mouth and kicked him hard square in the back. He flew ten feet away from her and crashed into the wall.

Camilla turned to Matthew and silently said, "Use that door darling, and go!" Her eyes moved to the door farther from the demon.

When Matthew did nothing but shake his head at her she said, louder in his head and with more force behind it, "GO NOW!"

She saw him wince and clutch at his head as he scrambled up off the floor and ran towards the door. The demon didn't even notice him. His eyes were focused solely on Camilla as he advanced towards her.

"You won't win this time little witchlet!" he snarled as he pulled one of his horns clean off his body and stuck his hand inside the gaping hole.
Sneaks
Sneaks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sneaks Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:23 am

…. Continued

Camilla gasps an orange glow becomes brighter and brighter around Fentolo’s hand. He opens his fingers and they both watch as the amulet floats up into the air and points straight at her.

“You thought I wouldn’t be prepared if we met again?” Fentolo screams as he slowly advances towards Camilla behind the floating amulet.

“This is not good,” Camilla says under her breath as she backs away and reaches into her back pockets for her athames. They are perfectly shaped for her hands when she closes her fingers around handles. As she pulls them out and assumes a fighting stance she sees her blades glowing blue in contrast to the violent orange of the amulet still coming towards her.

Seemingly on its own the amulet flies towards her, the sharp end pointing directly at her heart. She dodges it and slashes at it as it turns and points at her again. Fentolo takes the opportunity while she’s distracted to come at her again. She notices out of the corner of her eye as she tries to get away from the amulet. It follows her wherever she turns. She flings one of her knives at it, knocking it off course for a few seconds.

Fentolo grabs her wrist and tries to pry the other athame from her. She turns and kicks him in the gut then hits him with her hardest punch causing his head to flop back. He groans as some of the skin around the base of his neck rips and begins to ooze a dark maroon blood. His hands fly up to close the gap and within seconds the rip is sealed. The amulet and Fentolo fly at her simultaneously and she makes her choice. Using all the force she can manage she slashes at the amulet, her athame slicing through it over and over again. The color begins to die out of it as it weakens and begins to falter.

“No! Impossible!” Fentolo screams at her but he doesn’t make a move towards her.

Camilla reaches into her front pocket and snatches the vial inside. She tosses the potion against the wall and screams a spell as fast as she can. A hole opens up wider and wider and the room is filled with a loud sucking sound. But below that, barely audible even to her, is that musical sound which seems so inviting to Camilla. Debris is flying around the room towards the hole as she once again hacks at Fentolo with her athame, moving him closer and closer to the vortex.

Last edited by Sneaks on Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot a chunk :))
Sneaks
Sneaks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sneaks Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:27 am

…. Continued

As they struggle and fight closer to the vortex it becomes harder for her to resist the music. She feels the pull of the vortex but the sucking is much easier to resist than the sweet notes now filling her head. Fentolo knocks her athame out of her hand and pulls her closer to him. His hot, smelly breath brushes against her cheek as he whispers, “If you want to go there so badly then go my darling.”

Camilla’s body slackens slightly in his grip. She stares at the vortex mesmerized. And slowly her memories shift from what and where she has been for so long to what and where she was in the past. “Go there?” she whispers in wonder.

“Oh yes, my little witchlet, you can go there. We can go there together,” Fentolo breathes against her ear as he slowly wraps his arms around her tight and walks her closer to the hole.

Camilla sighs and closes her eyes, remembering. “Together. Yes….together again.”

Fentolo grins and releases his grip on her. She looks to him, her eyes still mesmerized, and takes his hand.

“Together again,” she repeats as they walk through the vortex together.

The music fills her whole body as she steps out of the hole on the other side. She doesn’t look back as the hole closes behind her, she is too captivated by what she is seeing. It’s been so long since she’s been here, so very long.

Colors unimaginable radiate and sparkle from every flower, every blade of grass, every cloud in the sky. The sun is impossibly bright but does not hurt they eyes. The pair stand in the middle of a field of flowers, there’s nothing else as far as the eye can see. Camilla turns to face Fentolo, the real Fentolo, for the first time in centuries. Here he is still the same height but here he is a man, not the snarling and hideous demon she was fighting just a short time ago. His hair is salt and pepper colored and cut short like it has always been. His bright blue eyes sparkle as they look her up and down.

“You have no idea how hard it was to get you back here my darling,” he says as his hand lightly touches her long, black hair.

She nods her head because she cannot speak.

“And now that you’re here,” he resumes in a more forceful tone, “I’m never letting you get away again.”

Sneaks
Sneaks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calixus Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:10 pm

Oooooo.....I love this Sneaks...

The sudden plot twist, the two men in her life...more! Give me more!
Calixus
Calixus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sneaks' Short Story Empty Returning continued

Post  Sneaks Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:29 pm

Michael skids to a halt suddenly when he hears Camilla’s voice in his head. Random words are hitting him and he can’t make out a coherent thought from her. He sends his power out to reach her mind completely and through her he sees the world she has gone into.

“Oh Shit!” he yells as he turns and runs full tilt back to the building he escaped from minutes before.

Flying up the stairs he runs into the room and sees the vortex closing before his eyes. He tries to run into it but only smacks into the wall. He punches the wall hard with the side of his clenched fist.

He looks around the room for any evidence of what may have happened to Camilla. The room is a mess, things are scattered all over the place. Michael sees Camilla’s weapons and walks slowly towards one of them.

Taking a deep breath he kneels on the floor and picks up one of her athames. He closes his eyes and lets the visions flood his brain. He watches the fight between Camilla and the demon but after the weapon is knocked from her hand the vision goes dark. He quickly snatches up the other one but it does not reveal any more to him.

Putting the athames in his back pocket he runs out of the room and down the stairs. When he reaches the street he takes the opposite way from which he’d come.

Michael uses all of his powers to send his thoughts out to the only who can help him. “Magera, I need you now!”

As Camilla wakes and looks around the room her memories of the night before come back to her. She grins wickedly and jumps out of bed. Running through the room and down the long hallway she catches sight of Fentolo in the kitchen. Without a word she runs to him and jumps in his arms. He swings her around in a circle as she throws her head back and laughs.

“I can’t believe how long it has been,” she says as he sets her down on her feet.

“I know,” he says kissing her lips. She wraps her arms around his neck and returns the kiss with much enthusiasm. They embrace for a long moment before finally breaking apart again.

As Fentolo turns back to the stove to stir the food he says quietly, “You know Bailey will want to see you.”

Camilla’s heart begins to race but she keeps her face straight. “I know Fentolo, I can handle Bailey.”

Fentolo looks to her and raises his eyebrows, “Maybe you could in the past Camilla but things have changed. It’s not the same around here as it used to be.”

“What do you mean?” she laughs.

Fentolo merely looks at her with sorrow on his face.

“Do you mean to tell me that Bailey….?” Her voice catches before she can finish her sentence.

Fentolo only nods as the tears well up in his eyes. “We tried to stop him, I swear we did Camilla. There was nothing we could do.”

Camilla swallows the lump in her throat. “Then Kalin was with you?”

“Of course he was darling. You know he loves you and your family like his own.”

“Are they all gone?” she asks unable to keep the worry from her voice.

Fentolo sighs and wraps his arms around her, “They were all killed except for Salia.”

“What? Why was she saved? Where is she?”

“With Bailey,” Fentolo barely whispers.

“Oh god, no! No, it can’t be.”

She tries to pull away from Fentolo but he holds her tighter. “You cannot go after her!”

“Watch me!” she snarls at him and for the first time since she arrived he sees the true Camilla. Her eyes flash as the wind begins to blow harder outside.”

“Calm yourself,” he snaps at her as she pushes him away from her with the power of her mind. “You are not going to go after her. All that will do is get you killed. You aren’t ready yet.”

“The hell I’m not!” she yells as she storms out of the room.

“Camilla you don’t understand,” he yells to her. “Bailey has the pentacle.”

Camilla turns to Fentolo but she can no longer hide her fear from him. Her thoughts race as she tries to comprehend this new turn of events.

“But how?” she asks him.

“It doesn’t matter how he got it. What matters is that unless you get it away from him, you cannot kill him.”

Sneaks
Sneaks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pilot Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:30 am

*Oliver holds out his bowl and says* "More, please?"
Pilot
Pilot
Greenhorn

Back to top Go down